12.05.2010

November Dish

Alright, I"m little late but here is my November dish. Jaclyn and I went to Costco and say pita bread. I love pita bread. When I was little I would always get gyros form street stands. They were so delicious. I decided to get the pita bread and make homemade gyros. Jaclyn helped me and we made all the cucumber yogurt sauce, which was incredibly good. Instead of lamb, which is usually used when making gyros, we used chicken. Everything was spiced just perfect and after the sauce was marinated for 24 hours, we finally got to enjoy the dish. Friends came over and after lots of laughter and chit-chat, the food was gone, out tunnies were full, and the night was perfect. I love my friends who are always up for letting me experiment with food and have them be my guinea pigs. So far reviews are been great, so I will keep making food. I think I'll skip December. I will let you know.

No comments: