11.24.2009

Looking Back

The other day I came across a small box filled with my baby and growing up pictures. They are old school and I love them because of their character. The pictures were taken in Russia as I was growing up and they are thick. They are printed on thick picture paper and they are thick with memories. Some have old coffee stains, some are missing corners, some are faded, and some have few things written on the back of them. My grandmothers handwriting is beautiful and I miss it. Looking at these pictures fills my heart with gratitude. This one is one of my favorites!(my brother Pavel and I)
I remember this old lawn chair and picking lilacs for my grandmother. I am so grateful for my great life. I'm grateful for the bad and I'm even more grateful for the good. I'm blessed to have amazing family, here and Russia. Both have taught me so much! Thank you for inspiring me to be the individual that I am becoming.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the picture. I had no idea you had such treasures from your childhood.

kaylinannette said...

That is very sweet. Thank you for sharing.